This summary applies to the Cross Country League Meetings and describes how the points are scored and the size of team numbers to count. These have been extracted from the full set of rules on the East District Cross Country League site – details here.
The full list of results (including historic results) can be found at the East District Cross Country League site.
- 6 runners will constitute a male team.
- The first male 6 runners home (Senior or Master) will be known as the ‘A’ team.
- The next male 6 runners home (Senior or Master) will be known as the ‘B’ team, etc.
- Any number of teams can be formed and take part in a single race.
- The first 3 male Masters runners home will count towards the Masters series tables.
- Female teams consists of the first three Female runners home.
- Same rules apply to multi teams, unfinished teams etc.
The team score is an aggregate of the finishing positions of the team members. The first runner home scores 1 point, the second home 2 points, the third home 3 points etc. In the case of incomplete ‘A’ teams, each unfilled place will be allocated points as follows:
- 100 points if there are a total of 1 to 50 finishers
- 150 points if there are a total of 51 to 100 finishers
- 200 points if there are a total of 101 to 150 finishers
- 250 points if there are a total of 151 to 200 finishers
For fields larger than 200, the points will be increased by 50 points for every additional 50 finishers.
If ‘B’, ‘C’ etc teams finish incomplete, no points will be allocated and the team will not be given a finishing score.
The leading / winning teams will be those teams with the lowest aggregate score.