The Brig Bash is back this year! The 2022 race will take place on Wednesday 6th July at 7.30pm.
Entries open on Thursday 5th May at 7:30pm (Tayside time) on Entry Central
at www.entrycentral.com/brigbash5 (NB: link will not allow entries until that time).
First run in 1998, this friendly summer evening five-mile race is fast and flat, all on tarmac and largely over quiet country roads to the south of Perth.
It is eminently suitable for producing a personal best time or just having a really enjoyable run. Since its start, the race has attracted runners of all standards from total beginners to internationals.
With five-mile races in short supply, why not include it in your race targets for this year? The now-famous after-race spread (huge buffet) is well worth the journey and race fee in its own right ….
is via Entry Central (but not yet open). There are no on-the-night entries. 300 places are typically available. The race is always popular with clubs from across Scotland – many of whom use the race as part of their championship series – and typically sells out quickly.
Watch this page or join our Facebook page.
A map of the course can be found here (exact start and finish line are not pinpoint-accurately shown).
See here for a video of the course.
Male: Chris Robison, 24:03 (2000).
Female: Nicola Duncan, 27:30 (2014).
(See… we told you it was flat and fast…)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes for male & female.
- 1st prize for male & female teams (XC/position-based scoring system, 3 in each team score).
- 1st prize only for male & female age categories as below:
- Vets: M 40-49 and F 40-49;
- Supervets: M 50-59 and F 50-59;
- Master Vets: M 60-69 and F 60-69; and
- Vintage Vets: M 70+ and F 70+.
- Course records.
- There is also a prize for the Brig Bash Mile (ie the fastest first mile); prizes awarded go to both male and female, with an additional prize if the current records are broken. Current records stand at:
- Male: 4:44, James Donald of Dundee Hawkhill Harriers (2019).
- Female: 5:20, Annabel Simpson of Fife AC (2019).
Results from previous years
2020 and 2021 – not held owing to COVID-19
More team pictures from 2019 (click to enlarge)