The Hills Are Alive 2022
- To receive a Hills Are Alive (HAA) medal, you need to complete 5 (FIVE) out of 6 nominated HAA races (as per the list below).
- Full rules, scoring etc appear at 5 here.
Races – notes
- The HAA features:
- a Club-only/organised race up (only, and not down) Ben Vrackie above Pitlochry; this popular evening was used HAA5 in 2021;
- a Strava time trial – as per the format of much of the 2021 HAA – over the Deuchary Hill course (above Dunkeld, as used as HAA4 in 2021). Attempts may be made between 1st March and 30th June inclusive; you can run it as many times as you like and your best time will be used for scoring. We’ve curtailed the window at the end of June as bracken and heather rapidly take over that course!
- A possible Club-organised race over Kinnoull Hill. At this stage, there is no date for the annual, PSH-organised Kinnoull Hill Race and a warning that it may well not be held. If by the end of March, it indeed looks unlikely to occur, we will organise our own Club race over a course at Kinnoull on the date below. In either format, this race will also double as the Club’s annual Hill Race, for which trophies are awarded.
- Details of the course(s) for the Club-only events will be posted nearer the time.
- The Series seeks to avoid too many clashes with the summer holiday season, Championship and SS, and, with its 5/6 approach and the option of the time trial across the season, provides reasonable flexibility.
The races themselves (6)
|Birnam Hill Race||Sat 26th March||Details|
|Newtyle Hill Race||Wed 20th April||Details|
|Kinnoull Hill||Tue 10th May||TBC - see above re official vs Club race|
|Falkland Hill Trail Race||Sat 18th June||Details|
|Ben Vrackie (uphill only)||Tue 19th July||Club race|
|Deuchary Hill (Strava time trial)||1st March to 30th June inclusive||Instructions|