Summer Series 2022
- To receive a Summer Series (SS) medal, you need to complete 6 out of 8 nominated SS races (as per the list below).
- The Summer Series is designed as a more accessible, shorter-term, shorter-distance, lower-cost version of the Championship, held partly on Summer evenings, and spanning May to early September.
- Full rules, scoring etc appear at 4 here.
Races – notes
The list below is an interim list.
Those stated as OPEN are now open to entries; members are advised not to delay in booking in for races at which they intend to compete.
The SS features new/recent features based on their success in the 2021 SS:
- a Club-only/organised race over the Not The Hermitage course behind/around Birnam; this was the course used as SS5 in 2021; this also doubles as a mob match versus Kinross Road Runners (our first, and probably/hopefully one of many more)
- a Strava time trial – as per the format of much of the 2021 SS – over the 5-mile Dron course (used as SS4 in 2021). Attempts may be made between 1st May and 31st August inclusive; you can run it as many times as you like and your best time will be used for scoring.
The Series seeks to avoid too many clashes with the summer holiday season, and, with its 6/8 approach and the option of the time trial at any point in the season, provides reasonable flexibility.
In response to requests and growing interest in the genre, it also contains a higher trail-running element than preceding SSs.
The races themselves (8)
|Balfron 10km||Sunday 1st May||BEEN AND GONE|
|Monikie 5K||Sunday 22nd May||OPEN - Details|
|Milnathort Dash (~5 miles)||Thursday 23rd June||OPEN - Details|
|Crieff 10K||Sun 10th July||OPEN - Details|
|Pitlochry (Faskally) parkrun||Sat 23rd July||no booking required - Details|
|Not the Hermitage (5½ miles)||Wed 17th August||no booking required - club race/mob match v KRR - course instructions|
|Lochore parkrun||Saturday 3rd September||no booking required - Details|
|Dron 5 miles – Strava time trial||May 1st - Aug 31st||no booking required - club organised - course instructions|
If a race is lost…
The rules allow for more ad hoc replacements. If a race is lost, we shall seek to find a replacement of similar length (if possible), preferably in Perthshire, and offer a minimum of 2 weeks of notice (and ideally more) for this. Members will be notified by email/here on website/FB page.